Spark your heart and mind through the practice of meditation.
New to Meditation or Shambhala?
Join us for a free Open House. Learn to meditate, connect with community, develop mindful-awareness, and compassion. And, meditation instruction is always available. We’re located at 1231 Stevenson Street in SF.
The Shambhala Center of San Francisco is pleased to announce our search for a new Center Director. Our current director, Alex Van Gils will be stepping down in May.
We are seeking individuals who possess leadership and interpersonal communication skills, as well as a demonstrated commitment to practice, retreat, and study.
Visit this link for the full job description and qualifications.
- Shambhala Day Videos and Address March 9, 2017
- SF Shambhala Seeking New Director March 2, 2017
- The Razor’s Edge February 10, 2017
- Unraveling Oppression and White Privilege Starts Here January 12, 2017
- A Letter from Our Regional Director, Cody McGough December 15, 2016
- Video Walk-Through of Our New Space December 7, 2016
- Moving on Up—A Fundraiser for Building Sharchen Dzong September 6, 2016
- On the Move! July 12, 2016
Five Tuesday Evenings
March 21st—April 25th
from 7 to 9 PM
In Contentment in Everyday Life, meditation experience is deepened through the cultivation of contentment and simplicity.
This course provides an exploration of genuine contentment, the foundational views of the Buddhist teachings, and meditation in action for daily life. With meditation practice, we can learn to appreciate ourselves and simple human experiences, free from self-aggression. Difficult emotions and the challenges of life can be met with gentleness, steadiness, and humor.
If you were unable to join the community for our New Year’s Celebration, here is a link to the Shambhala Day videos — including Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche’s International Address. Here, you can also read a transcript of the talk.
Cheerful Year of the Firebird!