Spark your heart and mind through the practice of meditation.
New to Meditation or Shambhala?
Join us for a free Open House—Learn to meditate, connect with community, develop mindful-awareness, & compassion. Meditation instruction is always available.
with Alice Tarkeshi
Saturday, June 11 from 1 to 6 PM
Explore how Spirit and Soul are joined in a creative process that communicates conscious, aesthetic principles and unconscious psychological symbolism.
In this context, appreciating the dual nature of our arrangements—the workshop will culminate in writing and sharing our unique expression with each other.
Based on the principles of the ancient and modern art of Ikebana, and taken all the way to the edge and vanguard of the world we live in today, these workshops are meant to expand the view and practice of self expression both spontaneous and mindful.
Please join us in the expression and sharing. All are welcome, no previous experience is necessary.
- A letter from our Director—Sharchen Dzong Space May 3, 2016
- Community Meeting Summary and Invitation for Feedback March 7, 2016
- The Notion of Lineage a Shambhala Day Address by Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche February 17, 2016
- Introducing Brooke Griffin, the New San Francisco Shambhala Center Deputy Director! December 20, 2015
- End of Year Giving—Letter from our Director December 1, 2015
- The Compassion of Unconditional Love November 8, 2015
- Transcript of Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche’s 2015 Harvest of Peace Address September 20, 2015
- Enlightened Society: The Radical Path Between Promise and Fear July 13, 2015
Six Monday Evenings
May 2nd through June 13th at 7 PM
Six workshops, each exploring a different element of the yoga practice. We invite new and seasoned yogis and yoginis an opportunity to dive deep into this profound and practical tool for transformation.
Workshops include a guided meditation by a Shambhala meditation instructor.
May 16: I Speak: Yoga and Self Expression
With Jan Beange
May 23: Finding Freedom Within Containment
With Laura Schlader
June 6: Rainbow Wheel! Rainbow Wheel!
Wtih Patsy Hutchison
June 13: The Intuitive Whole
With Josh Ehrenreich
May Goodness Be All-Victorious: A One Week Urban Retreat
with Shastri Manuel Medeiros & Shastri Joanne Martin Braun