Spark your heart and mind through the practice of meditation.
Learn to meditate. Connect with community, grow confidence, mindful-awareness, and compassion. Meditation instruction is always available.
Sitting For Society 2014
Is a success! We have reached 78% of our goal, and funds are still coming in through December 6th.
You can still sponsor a sitter or sign up to become an event sponsor. Help us meet our goal of $20,000!
A Special Thanks to Our Sit-a-Thon Sponsor
- How To Make A Sit-a-Thon November 15, 2014
- How I Learned To Hang My Hat On My Heart October 30, 2014
- The Practice of Community October 24, 2014
- Shambhala: A Global Community September 25, 2014
- Reflections on Magyal Pomra Encampment July 25, 2014
- Dharma Raffle Winners! July 10, 2014
- Good News—Sunday Parking Meter Changes Coming June 25, 2014
- Mindfulness & The City: A Wilderness Lover’s Guide To Survival. June 24, 2014
with Acharya Mitchell Levy & Shastri Amy Conway
December 12th—December 14th
A new weekend retreat program designed by Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche
Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche, during his year-long retreat, wrote two texts that provide new teachings regarding how the experiences of different stages of adult life can be incorporated in the Shambhala path of awakening, as well as guidelines for a weekend program culminating in a formal Rite of Passage Ceremony for adults.
Contemplations and practices that bring forth the experiences of participants and connect them with the Shambhala vision. The program concludes on Sunday afternoon with a formal Rite of Passage Ceremony to which participants can invite family and friends.