Spark your heart and mind through the practice of meditation.
Learn to meditate. Connect with community, grow confidence, mindful-awareness, and compassion. Meditation instruction is always available.
You can still sponsor a sitter or sign up to become an event sponsor. Help us meet our goal of $20,000!
A Special Thanks to Our Sit-a-Thon Sponsor
- How To Make A Sit-a-Thon November 15, 2014
- How I Learned To Hang My Hat On My Heart October 30, 2014
- The Practice of Community October 24, 2014
- Shambhala: A Global Community September 25, 2014
- Reflections on Magyal Pomra Encampment July 25, 2014
- Dharma Raffle Winners! July 10, 2014
- Good News—Sunday Parking Meter Changes Coming June 25, 2014
- Mindfulness & The City: A Wilderness Lover’s Guide To Survival. June 24, 2014
Saturday, December 20th
From 3:00 to 7:00 PM
A magical celebration of brilliance, light, and the children in our lives.
Celebrating the winter solstice has its roots in many cultures. The Shambhala community has drawn on traditional images associated with this time of year to create a distinctive and rich festival—a special opportunity to express appreciation for, and with, our children. As the days grow darker, we turn to family for celebration, creativity, and generosity.
Adults will have time to meditate while the children are lead in activities. After, we will gather to decorate the Shrine, be hosted at the court of the Children’s Day King and Queen, and enjoy a lively potluck celebration!