Spark your heart and mind through the practice of meditation.
New to Meditation or Shambhala?
Join us for a free Open House. Learn to meditate, connect with community, develop mindful-awareness, and compassion. And, meditation instruction is always available. We’re located at 1231 Stevenson Street in SF.
with Shastri Amy Conway
March 10th, 11th, and 12th (2017)
Discover basic goodness in the world and ourselves.
Through the practice of meditation, we begin to glimpse that goodness is the unconditional ground of our existence. Opening to ourselves with gentleness and appreciation, we begin to see our potential as genuine and compassionate human beings.
This weekend workshop will include meditation instruction, sitting and walking meditation, discussion groups, talks, and question and answer sessions. The Art of Being Human is the first of a series of five weekend workshops. This weekend retreat is open to the public.
- Unraveling Oppression and White Privilege Starts Here January 12, 2017
- A Letter from Our Regional Director, Cody McGough December 15, 2016
- Video Walk-Through of Our New Space December 7, 2016
- Moving on Up—A Fundraiser for Building Sharchen Dzong September 6, 2016
- On the Move! July 12, 2016
- Important Happenings at SF Shambhala May 31, 2016
- A letter from our Director—Sharchen Dzong Space May 3, 2016
- Community Meeting Summary and Invitation for Feedback March 7, 2016
Save the Date! February 27th
Gather with our community for this important, annual event. We will practice together, and listen to an online address by Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche.
Shambhala Day is a time for us to express the wealth and richness of our spiritual and cultural heritage through feasting, conviviality, elegance and pomp.